Kalamata, in the south of Peloponnese, is famous for its wonderful olives. These big meaty, aubergine coloured olives are fantastic, both as a snack and in dishes like this.
- 200 g “risoni”, pasta that looks like rice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves cut in thin slices
- 1 anchovy fillet
- freshly ground black pepper
- black olives
- grated cheese, such as Kefalotiri or Parmesan
Cook pasta in salted water. Heat the oil and melt the anchovy fillet together with garlic, do not use excessive heat here, the garlic should not brown. Mix pasta, garlic, oil and pepper, and as many olives as you like, but remove the pits first!
Sprinkle generously with cheese.