Approx 50 cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- 0,5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons brandy (Metaxa)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup almonds (toasted and finely grinded)
- A lot of powdered sugar to sprinkle over the cookies
Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk until they are airy and pale yellow. Beat in brandy, almond extract and vanilla sugar.
Sift in the flour and baking powder, stir well, add almonds and stir until the dough is firm and can be shaped into small, walnut sized balls with your hands. Roll them in your hands to a slightly oblong shape, and bend them to resemble half moons.
Place the cookies on baking paper, bake in middle of oven at 175 degrees for about 15 minutes, until they are light golden. Roll the hot cookies in a lot of icing sugar.
Store in a tight box.